Saturday, December 13, 2008

Metal! We've Got Metal!

We've got jazz, classical, opera, all that library stuff we're supposed to have. But can you believe it? We've got metal too! I'm not talking Disturbed or Slipknot here folks. I'm talking honest-to-goodness, real-deal metal like Trivium's killer new disc, Shogun.


Or, if neo-thrash/metalcore isn't your thing but "adult contemporary progressive death metal" is, we've got Between the Buried and Me's recent release, Colors. This one I can vouch for as true genius having seen them blow Children of Bodom off the stage at the Newport this fall.



And for those who still yearn for the clean vocals of yesteryear, there's always the surprisingly-good-if-not-quite-Master of Puppets Death Magnetic from a resurgent, reconstituted Metallica.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must commend the dayton library's music selection. I would however like to see more CDs from local artists. And let's get some Boris in there!

 
Who links to my website?